ETGN is an executive certificate programme, jointly offered by eight partner universities across Europe. Participants earn the certificate by combining 3 three executive trainings and 100 hours of course work from three different partner institutions within two years.
Who we are
The ETGN is a training and development partnership among eight prestigious European academic and research institutions, offering transnational perspectives on governance issues of the 21st century:
- Central European University
- College of Europe, Bruges Campus
- College of Europe, Natolin Campus
- ?cole Nationale D'Aministration
- School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute
- Hertie School
- SciencesPo Paris
- SDA Bocconi School of Management
ETGN executive education trainings transfer knowledge and competence from the classroom to the workplace and address both current and future transnational policy challenges. ETGN's joint executive education equips participants with the relevant skills and networking experience that will positively impact their long-term career performance while also providing benefits to society at large.
Executive training courses
One of the following Hertie School executive training courses can be taken as part of the ETGN certificate programme. Most courses will be offered in a hybrid format with onsite and online participation possible.
- Economics for policymakers (29 November - 02 December 2021)
- Managing organisational change (04 - 06 April 2022)
- Social innovation and entrepreneurship (09 - 11 December 2021)
- Digital governance (28 - 30 March 2022)
- Political communication (02 - 03 May 2022)
- Negotiation and mediation (24 - 25 March 2022)
- Good governance and anti-corruption (04 - 06 May 2022)
- Smart decisions in government and business (30 May - 1 June 2022)
When applying for these courses through ETGN, please mention "ETGN certificate" in the comment section of your application and to view the courses offered by other ETGN partner universities please visit their corresponding ETGN pages.
The ETGN Certificate and Scholarship Scheme
The ETGN releases the Joint Certificate on European and Transnational Governance to all participants who have completed executive education training courses at three (3) partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred (100) hours, within a maximum period of two (2) years.
A scholarship scheme is made available by the network partners to support the participation of individuals interested in receiving the Joint Certificate. Scholarships are competitive awards based on academic excellence, personal suitability and motivation. For those interested in applying for the scholarship team, please contact our 365体育手机版 team at email@example.com. Scholarship decisions are made on a rolling basis and applicants will be asked to submit a short motivation letter (max 0.5 pages) in addition to their application for the course.
The mission of the ETGN is to provide mid-career and senior professionals with a unique opportunity to deepen and extend their knowledge and competences in the area of public policy innovation in relation to European and Transnational Governance. Therefore, the ETGN develops innovative, interactive and impactful executive education training initiatives, leveraging the comparative advantages of the academic curricula of the participating institutions. The trainings have a strong orientation towards civic service to include civil society and private sector organisations across the world.
What You Will get
- A multidisciplinary approach that combines sector competences with leadership and management skills in a multicultural training environment
- Evidence-based knowledge and competences grounded in leading innovative research
- Access to a network of internationally-renowned teachers and trainers from academia, public institutions and private practice
- The co-creation of knowledge through individual, professional experience exchange among peers in a safe training space
Our Guiding Principles
As long as all your executive education courses are completed at three (3) partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred (100) hours and within a maximum period of two (2) years, you should be able to claim your certificate. Please refer to the contact person of the last partner school you got in touch with for further information.
Training courses are targeted at executives, officials, professionals of governments, professionals of International organisations and International & domestic NGOs who want to enhance their skills in policy-making beyond the state, academic curricula and interpersonal networking capabilities with peers from all over the world. Please contact the reference person of the partner institution of your interest to get a personalised orientation service and discover which course is best suitable to your needs.
All questions on scholarships should be addressed to the reference person of the institution you are applying at.